Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Friday, August 29, 2008

Political Talk

I got this in an e-mail today and it was too funny not too post. If you're having a hard time deciding on who to vote for here's some help:

Politics aside, it *is* the economically responsible way to vote, lol. (BTW, no getting up in arms if your candidate is insulted. It's just a joke.)

Here's something to consider: After retirement, a former president receives $191,300.00 per year in pension until he reaches the age of 80.

If McCain is elected and serves the maximum of two terms, he will be 80 and will not receive any pension.

If Obama is elected, serves two terms and lives to be 80, he will receive that pension for 26 years. At the current amount of $191,300.00 per year, he would receive almost 5 MILLION TAX-PAYER DOLLARS!!!!

Vote McCain. It's cheaper.

I just wanted to end the week on a light note. Have a good weekend and I will actually post something on Monday or Tuesday (depending on what day my company leaves.)

6 comments:

Amy Plumb said...

Sounds good!

Hope you have a great weekend. Relax and rest you've had a crazy week.
Amy

Andrea said...

Well, I obviously won't be voting since I live in Canada ;), but great post anyways! It's kinda fun to read about elections and stuff...especially when you don't have to decide who to vote for!

Angela said...

Now that is too funny

Unknown said...

LOL I love it ;-)

KC said...

LOL I love it..

Stephanie said...

See, just one more reason to vote McCain! :) Good to see you gettin political too!