Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Monday, June 9, 2008

Another Weekend

Don't we all feel like that sometimes? I thought it was too funny and cute not to share.

Anyways, my weekend went by at a nice pace. It actually didn't last forever or go by really fast either. The open house was okay, not nearly as bad as I thought it would be. The movie was great. To answer KC's question, I would only see it if you absolutely love the show and know all the ups and downs of the characters. There were a few parts of the movie that I found a little raunchy (worse than the show itself) so you should prepare yourself for that. The movie will make you laugh and then cry and then laugh some more. Isn't it funny when you can get so into a show that you actually feel like you know the characters? That's how I feel about the girls from SATC.

Sunday I helped Mike find a self motto to write about. One of his projects for school is to come up with a self motto (you can make one up or use one you've heard before) and write a paper on how/why it applies to you. He had been trying to do this project since Thursday and I finally came up with one for him so he wrote his paper yesterday and is now done with that project. He still has one more project to do for this quarter and then finals. He will have 2 weeks off of school and then start all over again. I keep thinking one quarter down 7 more to go!

I hope you all enjoyed your weekend. For once I actually feel ready for the week. That is definitely a welcomed change.

12 comments:

Kellan said...

Anytime I am doing something that seems to be taking forever, I always tell myself, I could be back at the beginning or it could be 3 days ago - it does help!

Glad you had a good weekend - see you later - Kellan

suchsimplepleasures said...

hi honey!!!
i'm glad you feel ready for the week! at least one of us does!!
xoxo

Kathy said...

Good job Mike! I'm rooting for you. I know it's tough to go back to school as a parent, did it myself, and it's worth it in the long run.
And CHEERS to you Courtney, for being so supportive and hanging in there through the difficult times.

Melissa said...

i need to go back to school my self. I was suppose to graduate and then got prego (opps) so my husband and I decided I should take a break. Now it is hard to get myself to go back and finish up my last year

Mimi's Toes said...

I wanted to go see the movie. I didn't really follow the series though.

Texasholly said...

That is seriously funny. Glad your weekend went well.

Amy Plumb said...

Sounds like an o.k. weekend.

I'm not sure if I want to see that movie, I never saw the HBO show.

Have a great day!
Amy

Courtney said...

Kellan - Very good advice. Thanks, I will have to remember that!

Kathy - I can only be supportive. I went back to finish my degree when Taylor was 5 months old and he never stopped believing in me. He and I have been through some hard times in the 5 years we've been together, which is probably why it's hard to believe it's only been 5 years!

Shana said...

Hi! So what was the motto you two came up with?

I did get to go to WV. I will be posting about it soon. Thank you for your prayers and well wishes while I was sick and for my family! You ROCK!!! :o)

Janice {Run Far} said...

I loved SATC-

we also took the kids to see Kung Fu Panda.. that was really cute

Unknown said...

Glad to hear you enjoyed your weekend. I am glad you had a supportive husband who you in turn support. It's hard at times, isn't it?

Ha on my vacation plans. I thought we had it all planned out and then hubby decided he could not do it just yet (it being a trip to San Diego). So, now I have days off at work, the dog kennel reservations made and no place to go. Granted I change all of it, but it is frustrating. We've worked hard paying stuff off (we are about 1/2 way there) and to take a little trip was our way of rewarding ourselves. Back to square 1.

New photos are up of the kids and their new "do's"

KC said...

I have now seen ALL of season 2 and the 1st 6 shows of season 3.. Alot of the ones I just rented I had seen on TBS..So I knew alot of them.. I'm going on vacation starting Thursday and won't be back till the 20th.. I'm thinking of picking up the rest of season 3 to take with me and the portable DVD player.. but then I'll be staying in a tent with all the kids and I would not want them to wake up and hear some of the words they use in the HBO verison or see some of the senes by accident. So I might just wait till I get home.. but I would like to watch all the shows before seeing the movie. I guess since I do know the people I could still get into the movie just fine.. but I sort of would like to know how the show ended what was going on in everyones life and whatnot before the movie but someone told me it really wouldn't matter.