Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Friday, July 27, 2007

Taylor's school


I am faced with a dillema. Taylor wants to go to school this year. She is three and I could put her in preschool, however, I still see her as my baby. I want just one more year of her at home and then she can go to preschool next year.

Here is the dilemma, Mike thinks I am only "wasting her brain" by not sending her this year. I do agree she is smart and does need to be stimulated and maybe this would help her, but like I said she is only three. The other part of the dilemma is that she wants to go. She loves the idea of school because that is where her cousins get to go and she wants so desperately to be like them.

The problem with her wanting to go......................she thinks I can go with her. I have tried to explain to her that she will go to school with other kids but mommy and daddy can't go and for whatever reason, she isn't getting it. She acts like she doesn't even hear me, like she is in denial or something. How can I get this through her head and am I making the right decision by keeping her home another year or should I let her go and grow up?

I need some advice, but I don't know who to turn to................HELP!!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

First off I'd like to say that I am loving the pictures of the girls *SMILE* It has been too darn long since I've seen them........give them both hugs and kisses for me. I think that with all the changes that have occured over the past year (becoming a big sister and you going back to work) that school could/would be a wonderful thing for Tay. Not only is she one of the smartest little ones I've ever met....but it would give her something special that she could call her very own. It would alleviate some of the boredom, keep her more focused, and allow her to express independence in a positive way. As for her thinking you or Mike should be going with her........lol.......I love it.........but it is something she'd get acclimated too. It may take a little time.....but she'd make friends and want to go play with them....preschool is fairly unstructured...a lot of time is spent socializing and playing....just something to think about let me know what you deceide!!!!!