Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Just for Jennie

I received a comment telling me to come out....that comment made me realize I haven't posted in almost 3 months! Geez, I didn't think it had been that long. I knew I was neglecting blogging, but didn't realize I had neglected it so much. I will try to do better.


So much has changed in the last 3 months.

As of September I am the only employee at my job. When I first started there were 2 part time girls. One went away to college & the other girl started doing both their jobs. In September my boss decided he had felt enough strain from the economy & it was time to lay off the other girl. After telling her he sat down & talked to me. The deal was he'd be here more often to pick up some of the slack & I'd have to pick up the rest. I am in the office Mon - Thurs & until noon on Friday. You'd think this would be a fantastic thing, except I have a lot more work to do & now I have no sick or vacation days. Also, the work calls are forwarded to my cell phone on Fridays until 5. So, while I'm not in the office I am still answering calls while I am at the doctor or running errands that I need to get done before 5 on Fridays. My boss has been here a total of 5 - 10 hours since September. Can you tell I'm not over the top excited about this new arrangement? I am making it work & stressed beyond belief, but it's been doable so far. I better get one heck of a Christmas bonus this year!
Taylor's first day of 1st grade:


Taylor has started first grade too. She is doing really well. She brings home 10 - 20 graded papers twice a week. Most are 100%, but every stack she gets there is always one that she missed one or two on. I couldn't be prouder, no one's perfect, but the overachiever in Taylor always apologizes for missing some & promises to do better next time. I can't get it through her head that she is doing amazingly well & there is no need for an apology. Last year we fought constantly about homework & what should have taken us 20 minutes max would take us an hour or longer. This year is a completely different story. She comes home & does most of her homework by herself & what she needs help with we do together while I'm making dinner or Mike will help her. He's been working a lot of hours so hasn't been very accessible when it comes to helping out. I am grateful for the extra hours, especially right before Christmas, but it's a catch 22 because I miss him & so do the girls.


On the marriage front things have improved a lot. We've had a few situations that were hard to handle, but we talked through it & came to an agreement on all of them. The agreements seem to be working so far so hopefully that continues. Like every other pitfall in our marriage I have been grateful for them. Not at the time of course, but looking back it has helped us grow & taught us things that we didn't realize about ourselves. Mike is being so open & honest about everything & I am controlling my reactions; he's even talking about feelings & general stuff. This was a major problem in our marriage. He said NOTHING...not about his day, what I did to irritate him, what he liked, about raising our kids....NOTHING! It frustrated me beyond belief, but it looks like we may be over that hump. I am not blind to the fact that it's a daily struggle for him & I'm sure there will be days where he goes back into his shell, but just having him realize & work on it is a huge weight lifted.

I'll save the post on Callee for another day because this one is all ready so long & that one will be a long one by itself. Maybe I'll start working on it tonight or tomorrow, but I'm hoping to have it posted by the end of the week.


Jennie, I hope you read all of this very long post, it was done for you!
The girls in their Halloween costumes:

2 comments:

Jennie said...

There you are!!!! hehehe. Maybe we should be each others blogging pals to make sure we don't "fall off the band wagon". hahahaha

I totally agree. First grade is a whole different ball game from Kindergarten. Devin's still struggling, but it's NOTHING like last year. I think I owe that to his wonderful teacher this year though.


I'm so happy you're back!!! PS...some of your picture links on your side are gone. I had been away from my blog so long that my background was gone! ha

Courtney said...

Yikes! I'll have to fix that...didn't notice it. We should be the "don't fall off the earth, make sure you post!" accountability people! lol, was just reading your post on devin's kinder year....it wasn't her teacher last year, it was her, but this year I think her in class issues are a mixture of her & her teacher...we spoke at open house, had a meeting a couple weeks ago with the principal & I go for conferences on Tuesday. I won't stop until it's resolved.

Her teacher last year was fantastic in working WITH us....her teacher this year doesn't seem to want to be bothered with the "extra work!"