Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Monday, April 13, 2009

Five years all ready?

Taylor,

I cannot believe it has been five years since I held you for the first time. You have grown so much from that 21 1/2", 6 lb 12.5 oz baby. You are smart, funny, beautiful and amazing. It seems almost unreal that you are turning five today.

There are a lot of things I have done in my life, some good, some bad and some regrets. You are definitely not a regret; you are one of the best things I have ever done. You are my pride and joy; even with your smart mouth and quick wit.

You are the typical big sister who cares deeply for her little sister, especially when someone else is trying to mess with her; not so much when you are busy messing with her. The two of you fight like cats and dogs one minute and are so loving and sweet to one another the next. I am hoping in time the fighting will lessen, but the friendship and love will strengthen.

I hope you always keep an open dialogue with me and know that even though I am your mother I will always listen to you with an open mind and love you no matter what. I hope and pray that you will seek answers from me first and not your peers because really they know as much as you, however, I've probably all ready experienced it and can give you honest, experienced advice.

So to my sweet girl on her fifth birthday, I hope you know how much daddy, Callee and I love you and just how special you are to all of us. You are a significant and important part of our family, and I couldn't imagine life without you. I hope you have a wonderful day today and know that you are loved deeply!

Love,
Mommy

3 comments:

Bonnie said...

Hi, this is Bonnie. I'm a friend of Debbie's and I help with her show. She is out of town this week visiting a blog friend and asked me to keep up with her blogging buddies while she is gone. So, I guess you can say I'm guest blogging!

I see that you have two beautiful girls. I have two boys. They are 12 and 2 years old. I love being a mom. Watching my little guys learn and grow is amazing.

Happy Birthday to your daughter! Have a great day!

Shana W. said...

Birthday post always make me cry, this one is no different. :o)

Sending my birthday wishes to Taylor. (for the second time...lol.)

Andrea said...

Time goes by SOOO fast, huh?

Happy Birthday Taylor!