Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Tuesday, June 3, 2008

There have definitely been better days in our house!







I had taken Taylor to Immediate Care on Sunday like I mentioned before and was told that what she had was just a virus. The girls didn't go to daycare yesterday so I had to come into work late and they couldn't go again today so Mike had to miss school (he couldn't yesterday because he had 2 tests.) If she didn't have a fever and I didn't know she was sick I would think she had arthritis. She complains that her arms, legs, and neck hurt. When she is walking (usually only about 25 feet) she will sometimes fall down and say her legs hurt too bad to walk anymore as she is crying from the pain. She is absolutely miserable and I feel so bad for her.

Callee woke up this morning coughing again and pulling at her left ear. Her right ear was infected about a week and a half ago and she just finished her antibiotics on Sunday!!! I am going to continue to watch her and hope and pray it is not another ear infection. If I miss too much more work I will probably get fired. As much as I'd love to stay home with my kids we just can't afford it.

Do any other working moms have this problem? Do your kids get sick as often as mine seem to? When do you put tubes in your kids ears? I would hate to make Callee have surgery, but it seems like she is getting ear infections at least once a month and sometimes twice. Any suggestions?

10 comments:

Kristi said...

The best thing we ever did for Aaron was get tubes and tonsils out. I would highly recommend it. Last year, Aaron and Noah were sick constantly, with strep and other ailments. Aaron got his tonsils out and tubes in a year ago January, and neither of them have been sick since.

Kathy said...

When mine were little (ages ago), I remember battling strep several times a year. For some reason we didn't suffer ear infections but maybe I'm just not remembering. You must be exhausted and worried.
I hope the girls feel well quickly.

Shana said...

Yeah, I have to agree with Kristi. Brayden didn't have tubes but his T/A was the best thing we ever did for him. He is like a different child now! He had them out in March of 07 and he has only been sick once since then. Prior to that he was sick and at the Dr. every other week...for real!!!

I feel so sorry for Taylor. I know how she feels! :( I hope that everyone gets feeling better soon.

Mom said...

Been there done that 6 times. Both of my kids have had tubes 3 times each and it makes a world of difference they have also both had their adnoids out as well.
Lauren was 2 when she had her first set and Jackson was 10months.

Best of luck this too will pass, I know there was a 3 to 4 month period where it seemed like I was out once a week. Hopefully your boss will understand.

Melissa said...

I am so sorry. i wish I had some advice, but I don't. I do have empathy to offer though :)

Amy Plumb said...

Keanen had two sets of tubes. They help a lot! I'm a parent that says go for it if you ask me.

My doc always told me, he'll be a healthy grade schooler. I never understood why he would tell me this. Keanen was always sick as a young one because he was in daycare. What the doc was saying was he's building up his system to fight stuff later and he was right. Kean never missed and never misses school for being sick.

It was hell when he was little though every ten days at the doctors office, calling work to let know I'll be late and finding someone to watch a sick child not easy.

It does get better, I've been there.

Kellan said...

I'm sorry the girls are not feeling well - that is hard on everyone. I hope the get well - AND SOON!!!

Take care - Kellan

KC said...

back when I was working I ended up missing sooooooooooo much work because my kids were sick.. I even got called into the office and said something to about it.. me hating the fact that I was a working mom anyways basicly told them too bad LOL, if my kids were sick I was staying home with them.. I asked them if they would like me to bring a note from the kids doctors to them to show them they were really sick and it wasn't just me missing work..
Oh my goodness. I so hated working because of that fact.. I felt pulled at both ends.
I'm so sorry they are sick again..
With the ear infection.. are they new infections or are the old ones just not clearing up..
Have they been going back for the rechecks to make sure they are gone completely???
Dose your doctor do the sound wave ear check thing in there ears there at the office to check and make sure that there is a bonce back and a nice curve on the graph??
man I hope that they start to feel better and stay that way.

Unknown said...

I am so sorry to hear they are not feeling any better. If Callee is having that many ear infections, then yes, tubes might be the best bed. Both my kids had surgery when they were little (my son had intestinal surgery at 7 months old, tear duct surgery at 15 months, a root canal at 18 months. My daughter had surgery to cauterize her nose blood vessels at 3) and came through it just fine. It's harder on us (with the exception of the intestinal surgery..we almost lost him but that's a whole other story and the ear tube surgery will be nothing like what he had so don't let that scare you off of them, k???). ANYWAY, hang in there girl!!!

Texasholly said...

My heart goes out to you. I don't know how you do it. My kids do seem to go through cycles where they are sick ALOT and then we coast for a few sick-free months. It is hard to deal with even when I am home so I can't imagine the added stress of trying to juggle a job and school, etc. So sorry. I wish it was easier and we were all wildly rich!