Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Grandpa's birthday

Yesterday was my grandfather's 82nd birthday. The family decided to have a little dinner party at my aunt's for him. I didn't find out until after I got off work so last night was a little hectic. We joined my family at my aunt's house and as usual both of my kids would not leave my side (my parents weren't there yet.) We visited with everyone for a little while and then it was time to eat, my favorite part. After dinner, we all headed outside. My aunt has a small pond in her back yard, nothing too deep, but it still makes me nervous because neither one of my kids have an ounce of fear when it comes to water. Every time they are around a pool, pond or lake, I think of Hannah and it scares the bejeebers out of me because I never want to experience that type of pain for as long as I live and I hope I never will. Another one of my aunt's decided to take Callee over to the pond to put her feet in. From that point on, we couldn't keep her away from the water. Someone had to be hovering over her every minute we were there from then on. No accidents occurred, but I was still nervous and extra careful.

Callee was eating cake at 7:45 and her bedtime is between 8 and 8:30 so needless to say it wasn't a pleasant bedtime experience considering we didn't get home until 8:30. After the kids were in bed, I took a nice relaxing warm bath hoping it would help me sleep because I have had a really hard time sleeping lately. That didn't help. I went to bed at 11:00 and didn't fall asleep until well after 2:00 a.m. I don't know what it is, but lately I can't shut my mind off and when I can, my elbows have been causing me some pain. I don't know why this is, I'm only 26 not 86, but I would swear I have arthritis. I am hoping to sleep a lot better tonight, my alarm knows I need it by the amount of times I hit snooze this morning. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to sleep better? I am a walking zombie and this is the time I should be sleeping better because Callee has not been getting up in the middle of the night and Taylor has actually been sleeping really well too. I am the only one in the house that is up half the night and I can't figure out why. Any suggestions would really help. I NEED SLEEP!

No comments: