Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Bible School

Well, Taylor went to Bible School last night. The babysitter drops her off with her kids and then her old Sunday School teacher brings her home. This really is a nice set up for me and really the only way she could go. It doesn't start until 6:30 so I would have to rush home, get dinner, feed her, change her and rush her to the church. It ends at 8:30 and Callee is usually all ready in bed or headed there then. I was worried when I picked Callee up from the babysitter yesterday that Taylor wouldn't want to go and instead would want to go home with me....not the case.

She had just woken up so yes she did want cuddled for a minute, but when I asked if she was going home with me or to Bible School with Abby and Alyssa the answer was certainly clear...she was ready to be a big girl. I was very happy and sad at the same time, but I told her if she needed me to have Shelley call me.

I looked at the clock and it was 8:45. No call, no Taylor. I figured she would be home soon so I sat on the porch and waited. 9:00 came and still no Taylor, so I called Shelley. She explained they were almost home and she was proud of me for not calling before as she assumed I would. Am I that psycho? I have become much more laxed these days without calling people 600 times in an hour just to see if she is still breathing. I saw a van pull around the corner and it was Taylor, home at last. She hopped out of the van and exclaimed, "I didn't even cry!" Of course I was proud of her, but then she reminded me that maybe she could go to preschool this year, as she was now a "big girl."

I told her we would talk about it, but maybe this proves she might be ready. We'll see how the rest of the week goes.

**********************************************************************************

Callee enjoyed every minute of being the center of attention and I think she really needed it yesterday. She is getting about 7 teeth so she just wanted to be held and not have to fight for the attention and who can blame her, it's not like she was held non stop for 9 months. It was nice to focus only on her and this week will be a nice break from our routine.

No comments: