Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Thursday, July 24, 2008

I work to pay for gas, daycare and tickets

So Mike got another ticket today. This time for running a red light. Yes, I am upset, but I didn't yell or get (too) upset with him. He knows I'm not happy about it, but what else can you do? I am fuming inside and hopefully it will never come out, that's why I'm venting here. I just don't understand how someone can get ticket after ticket like this and be "okay" with it. Seriously. I may have to reschedule my MRI for a couple months away because we are going to have to pay our deductible and coinsurance for the testing. I was wondering how we'd be able to pay all of it anyways, and now I really don't think we can afford it right now.

On top of all this, Mike has been contemplating changing jobs. We've talked about it on and off over the last 14 months or so, but nothing has ever really caught his eye to pursue it. Well about 20 minutes from where we live is a big GM plant that has started hiring. Mike submitted his resume thinking nothing would really come of it, but it was worth a shot. At this particular plant (like others I'm sure) you have to know somebody to get in. We know a couple people, but no one we'd be comfortable asking to help get him in.

Well last week they called him while he was on vacation and asked him to go start the hiring process including a skills test. Mike has worked in assembly for GM outsourcing before so what he had to do wasn't anything new. Last Friday afternoon he got a call setting up a phone interview. He did that on Monday and thought he did terrible, but last night he got a call asking him to go this morning to take a drug test. While there the woman taking the area of his hair told him that the results would be in either Monday or Tuesday and he could expect a call after the results were in. On his way from that to school is when he got the ticket.

Mike said that maybe this is the sign he was asking for. We have been praying about this a lot lately because to start he would have to take a $2 an hour pay cut. It won't be that bad since he'll just go back to what he was making 3 months ago, but we will either be without insurance for 3 months or we will have to pay insurance through my company for those 3 months and that will be very expensive and probably set us back a little. We really don't know what to do.

When Mike said that maybe it was his sign I told him if he truly felt that way not to take the job. Then he said, maybe it was just obstacles I have to overcome. I don't know either way, I just know we have a lot of decisions to make over the next few days and a lot to talk about. Problem is I'm so mad about this ticket I really don't want to talk.

I know that I want to get my headaches to go away and I also want not only me, but him and our girls to be happy. I'm so confused and I hope that God is listening because I really need some direction. Mike needs to stop being so careless and pay attention so he stops getting tickets too, but I could go on about that for a very long time.

I had another bad headache last night and 3 hours after I took my medicine I finally started getting some relief and was able to fall asleep. I hope this stops soon because I still have the headache today. It is not nearly as bad as it was last night, but it's still annoying. I'm hoping to get the girls to bed a little earlier tonight and get some rest myself, maybe it will make my head feel better.

Thanks for listening to me rant (complain) and have a happy Thursday.

9 comments:

Cheffie-Mom said...

It's good to be able to release stress by writing. Just remember, it may be hard now, but everything happens for a reason. I hope your headache goes away (: Have a blessed day!

Unknown said...

I hope your headaches go away soon. Try not to put off your doc appt if you can help it.

Tell Mike to slow down and pay attention. I would be fuming too!

Big hugs to you!!!!!!!

Amy Plumb said...

Hang in there girl!

If Mike is to have this job things will work.

Keep me posted on your head. I've been thinking about you.
Amy

OHmommy said...

Oh no. I hope your headache clears soon. I too suffer from migranes. Yuck.

I like the title of your blog. Teehee. From one chaos to another. ;)

Mimi's Toes said...

Oh, I don't blame you for being upset about the ticket. People, including my son needs to pay attention to the rules of the road. It is so easy to avoid a ticket, just follow the rules. I hope the job situation improves for him and I pray those awful headaches go away for you. You need to get your test, no matter what the money situation is. You take care of YOU! Your kids need their mommy healthy.

Kellan said...

I'm so sorry about your headaches, Courtney - I hope you get those figured out soon! ANd, I'm sorry about the tickets. I will keep you all in my prayers and just keep positive, everything will work out!

Take care - Kellan

Suzie said...

Having a headache is awful its so hard to think. I hope you find a way to get some relief soon. What big decsiosn to make. I hope you both get a moment of clarity where it al comes together.

Jess T said...

Sorry you've had a rough go of it. Keep your head up. :)

Have fun at the b-day party this weekend. :)

Mandy said...

I don't blame you for being upset about the ticket -- not only do you have to pay for the ticket, but if you get enough your auto insurance will go up! He better slow down!!!

But no reason to stress about it now...it's already happened.

Que sera sera!