Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Friday, January 18, 2008

Happy Weekend...

Although my week started off pretty crappy (for lack of a better word) it ended pretty well. I am ready for the weekend though because for some reason I have been totally exhausted this week.

Here's an update on my mom. They think they figured it out, but she has to have one more test run on Monday. She was released so now she is resting comfortably at home. Thankfully this test will be outpatient and then we should know for sure. She seems okay with the whole situation and it is looking to be not as bad as once could have been. The waiting is the worst though. I don't know how well she will be resting in a couple of hours because she insisted she could still watch my girls as she does every Friday. My brother is home with her so I know he'll help out too and my girls love staying with my mom if only for a few hours.

I have absolutely no plans for this weekend except to spend some much needed quality time with my husband and kids. My brother will probably come over and play video games with Mike so maybe Taylor and I will have a movie night in her room. Yes, my 3 year old does have a tv and dvd player in her bedroom. Judge if you must, but I swore I would never get her one and we didn't, we got a new one for the living room and moved the old one upstairs. She moved her room upstairs and she happened to pick that room, which I do not believe for one minute was coincidence. Anyways, if you have to judge go ahead, but not that very long ago I would never and now it is!

I hope everyone has a safe and wonderful weekend.

5 comments:

Amy Plumb said...

I hope everything is o.k. with your mom.

Have a great weekend and it sounds like you need to just relax all weekend long.

Kellan said...

All my kids have TVs in their rooms - I'm such a good mom. I'm glad to hear that your mothers situation sounds more positive - I hope it all works out for her and you because you love her so much. I'll continue to keep her in my prayers. Have a good weekend. See you soon. Kellan

Unknown said...

No judging here either. You do what you need to to keep your sanity! :-)

Hope you have a fun weekend with your family! Tomorrow is busy for us, with t-ball registration and a birthday party and company coming in for the night too. Sunday SHOULD be relaxing....we shall see!

Kellan said...

Hi Courtney - thanks for coming over. I hope you are having a good weekend and your mother is doing well too. See you soon - Kellan

Kathy said...

Hi Courtney,
The bedroom picture is cute. A movie date with your daughter in her room sounds so neat. I hope that all goes really well for your mother. You are in my thoughts.