Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Guess who's back...


EMMA! We gave Emma to a lady who desperately wanted a small dog as a companion and thought it would be good for her blood pressure about a month ago. Saturday she stopped by our house with Emma in tow and said she couldn't keep her anymore. She asked if we wanted her back or if she should take her to the pound. Well, I must admit I was torn because we got rid of her because Callee is allergic to her, but I also couldn't bear to see her go to the pound. I decided to let her stay and if Callee starts getting sick or rashes again, we will have to find somewhere else for her to go. Emma is just going to have to be bathed all the time to try and keep as much dander off of her as possible.

I think Emma just wanted to come home because the woman was telling me all these horror stories that are just not Emma. She tore up the woman's leather couch and she ripped a hole in the material on her boxspring and climbed up in there. I know Emma is a little hyper and annoying but she has never destroyed anything of ours. I just couldn't believe it. So, now that she is home she spends her days running from Callee. We have not had one single accident, which used to happen often, and her and Mike are getting along which never happened before. The one problem is Callee developed a rash on her belly and chest last night. We don't know if it was from the dog or a heat rash, but we'll have to keep an eye on it.

I don't know if the lady beat Emma or if she just really wanted to come home so that's why she tore stuff up, but that is really out of character for her. She has never damaged a single thing in our home and as rough as the girls are with her, she has never bitten them. She is one of the best dogs I have ever seen around kids, maybe she just doesn't like adults. Hopefully everything continues to go well and Callee's rash was just a heat rash!

No comments: